1933 : A seven-acre plot of land was donated by John Wilburn Dickson to Sullivan County for the erection of a new school building. The school was built in 1934 and operated as a county school until 1963 when Kingsport annexed the area.
1963: Frances Coates would be the first principal of Kingsport's new city school:
Dickson Elementary School.
The story begins... read Battle of Island Flats .. the early history of this piece of land. Download : Here
Island Flats : 2018 : by Marion Hodge
Please send photographs and class pictures to:
history on the 'History' page with pictures.
History : Intro Frontier
Dickson Class Photos